Here are six (6) stress management tips.
- Avoid unnecessary stress – Learn to say “no”
- Alter the situation – Express your feelings instead of bottling them up.
- Adapt to the stressor – When stress is getting you down, take a moment to reflect on all the things you appreciate in your life.
- Accept the things you can’t change – Don’t try to control the uncontrollable.
- Make time for fun and relaxation – Go for a walk, call a friend, sweat out tension with a good workout, write a journal, take a bath etc.
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle – Get enough sleep and eat a healthy diet.
Karen Byfield – Mental Health Advocate & Psychiatric Blogger